Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress WBGT Meter
As for weather reading features, they will be the same. You won’t get a ‘better’ temperature reading, wind reading, etc, or even more readings than available on the 4400/4600… still the same quality USA made meter backed by a 5 year warranty. That being said there are some pretty outstanding updates.
The Kestrel 5400 is revolutionary in size, cost and capability for those in need of measuring Heat Stress. Available with or without LiNK (Bluetooth) and / or a compass.
Along with having a Wet Bulb Global Temperature reading, the Kestrel 5400 displays thermal work limit (“TWL”), another recognized composite heat stress prediction tool. For both WBGT and TWL, the Kestrel 5400 provides on-screen alarms when conditions enter the caution and danger zones, providing clear and immediate guidance that heat illness prevention steps must be taken. Clothing levels can also be customized, making the Kestrel 4400 particularly useful in activities requiring heavy protective gear which worsens heat stress. The Kestrel 5400 also displays natural wet bulb temperature, and black globe temperature.
- Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (“WBGT”)
- Thermal Work Limit (“TWL”)
- Waterless! Natural Wet Bulb Temperature accurately calculated from on-board digital sensors with no tedious setup or maintenance.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for use in low-light conditions.
- Globe Temperature
- Naturally Aspirated Wet Bulb Temperature
- Wind Speed (Current, Average, & Maximum)
- Pressure trend
- Barometric pressure
- Relative humidity in %
- Heat stress index
- Wet bulb temperature
- Density altitude
- Wind chill
- Air, water, and snow temperature °F or °C
- Waterproof and floats
- Time and date
Pricing and ordering information
SKU: KES-0854ORA – Standard
SKU: KES-0854VORA – With vane mount
SKU: KES-0854LVCORA – With vane mount, digital compass, & LiNK